Protecting personal information is a core FC-CS value.
This Privacy Notice highlights how FC Background, LLC, D.B.A. FC Construction Services and its subsidiaries and successors (collectively “FC-CS”) use the information collected through its websites, privacy services and technology solutions, or received from third party sources.
Protecting personal information is a core value at FC-CS. This Privacy Notice describes how FC-CS collects, uses, and discloses the personal information we receive or that you provide or make available to us. It also describes the choices available to you regarding FC-CS’ use of your personal information, and the steps you can take to access this information and to request that we correct or delete it.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Participation
FC-CS participates in the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks (“Privacy Shield”), and is in the process of self-certifying with the Department of Commerce that we adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles. FC-CS is committed to applying the Privacy Shield Principles to all personal information received from countries in the European Economic Area (EEA) and Switzerland in reliance on the Privacy Shield. To learn more about the Privacy Shield, visit the U.S. Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
Under the Privacy Shield, FC-CS is responsible for the processing of personal information it receives and subsequently transfers to a third party acting for or on its behalf. FC-CS is liable for ensuring that the third parties we engage support our Privacy Shield commitments.
The U.S. Federal Trade Commission has regulatory enforcement authority over FC-CS’ processing of personal information received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework.
How We Collect and Use Your Information
Dispute Resolution Program
We encourage you to use FC-CS’s Dispute Resolution Program to report and resolve privacy complaints you may have concerning FC-CS. If you file a privacy-related complaint, we will collect your name, email, and country location. We will also request that you provide the details that gave rise to your complaint. Any additional personal information you choose to provide in the complaint form is optional. We will use the information you provide to investigate your complaint and to send you an optional customer satisfaction survey once your complaint is resolved.
We will not share your name or contact information with the Dispute Resolution Program Participant that is the subject of your privacy-related complaint unless you give us permission to do so. Please be aware, however, that if we cannot share this information, then we may not be able to resolve your complaint.
FC-CS Contact Us Forms, Surveys, and Websites
We use information submitted through our Websites or collected through email or hard copy surveys to analyze the characteristics of our customers and improve our services. Occasionally, we will provide anonymized aggregated statistics about our customers in reports made available to our customers, to third parties, or to the general public. These reports will not identify individual FC-CS customers.
If you request information about FC-CS products and services, we will collect your name, email address, phone number, and additional company information. We use this information to contact you about your request, and to follow up with you about the products and services in which you have expressed an interest. We may also send information to you regarding upcoming FC-CS events, webinars, and relevant privacy related news and alerts. You may unsubscribe from these communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link provided in the email.
FC-CS Customer Information
FC-CS Customer Information is information we collect from you when you purchase and contract with us to provide services or technology solutions. We will ask you provide the following information:
- Email address;
- Phone number, cell phone number;
- Information regarding your role within your company;
- Company information, including company name, address, billing information (e.g., P.O. number, bank wire information, credit card number), and company size; and
- Contact information for other relevant points of contact within your company, or external to your company, as needed for FC-CS to provide its services.
If you purchased one of FC-CS’ technical solutions, you may have the option to add additional users to your account. We will ask for the name, email address and phone number(s) of the additional users you want to add. This information is used by FC-CS to provide the requested service. Added users may independently sign up to receive other FC-CS communications.
We will use your Customer Information to:
- Provide the services and access to the technology solutions you have purchased;
- Renew weekly, monthly or subscription-based services or programs you have purchased;
- Provide customer support. While providing you with customer support we may also gather additional information from you to investigate technical issues, and respond to your support questions;
- Communicate regularly with you about your use of the service, FC-CS events and other industry or privacy-related news, and other FC-CS services we believe may be of interest to you. You may opt-out of receiving emails regarding FC-CS events and other FC-CS services by clicking unsubscribe link provided in the email. You will continue to receive notices regarding FC-CS services and technical services you purchased, and privacy-related updates such as notification of new or changes to existing privacy regulations.
- Analyze the characteristics of our customers (e.g., types and size of companies) and customer utilization of our products and services, at an aggregated- level, in order to understand customer and market needs, to improve our existing products and services, to design new products and services, for business development, and for marketing communications.
- In the course of using FC-CS’ technical solutions or services, you may provide business information related to your company. Business information may include copies of your company’s policies and process documents, responses to service questionnaires, consent forms, background screening service forms, and evidence to support those responses. This is information is stored on FC-CS’ systems, and is used to provide contracted services in accordance with the applicable terms and conditions of agreements between FC-CS and your company.
Information FC-CS Receives from Third Party Sources
FC-CS obtains business contact and company information from third party sources, such as business intelligence providers. The information obtained by these third parties is from publicly available sources (e.g., news articles). This information is used to support FC-CS’ marketing and sales efforts. FC-CS’ sales team may contact you based on this information to determine your company’s interest in FC-CS’ services and technology solutions. You may opt-out of these communications at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link provided in the email or by sending a request to the FC-CS Data Governance and Privacy Office using the Contact Us form available on this page.
If you sign up for FC-CS update alerts, texting services, webinars, or other communications; download a whitepaper or other business resource or, if you contact us generally, we will collect your contact information to fulfill your request. If you provide us with contact information (through the use of our services, in signing up for communications, or otherwise), we will contact you regarding FC-CS events and webinars, and FC-CS services we believe may be of interest to you. To unsubscribe from FC-CS communications, follow the unsubscribe link that appears at the end of each email communication. You will be unsubscribed from all FC-CS marketing communications.
From time to time we will also offer you the opportunity to receive information about related products or services offered by our third party partners. We will not share your personal information with these third parties for their marketing purposes unless we have your permission to do so.
Consumer Opinion Surveys
From time to time we will also offer you the opportunity to receive information about related products or services offered by our third-party partners. We will not share your personal information with these third parties for their marketing purposes, unless we have your permission to do so.
Cookies and other data collection technologies
- Help you navigate our website or technical solutions
- Personalize and provide a more convenient experience to you;
- Analyze which pages you visit, which features you are using in our technical solutions, and which reporting tools you use;
- Provide feature such as social sharing widgets and videos
- Measure advertising and promotional effectiveness
- Assess which areas of our site you visit to remarket to you after you leave our site
- Provide content from our third party content partners
We work with third parties to track your activities on our web site to improve our marketing efforts and provide you advertising based on your visit. If you do not want to have your information collected and used for remarketing purposes you can opt-out by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. FC-CS complies with the Digital Advertising Alliance Principle for Online Behavioral Advertising. If you opt-out of retargeted online ads, you will still continue to see and receive other online advertisements.
Videos and other features on our site use Flash cookies to collect and store your preferences such as sound volume. Flash cookies are different from browser cookies because of the amount of, type of, and how data is stored. Cookie management tools provided by your browser will not remove Flash cookies. To learn how to manage privacy and storage settings for Flash cookies click here.
Please note that some cookies may be placed by a third party service provider who performs some of these functions for us.
Mobile Applications and Badges
When you use our mobile applications, we may use GPS technology (or other similar technology) to determine your current location in order to determine the city and project you are located within as part of providing our services. We will only share your current location with other authorized users or partners.
If you do not want us to use your location for the purposes set forth above, you should turn off the location services for the mobile application located in your account settings or in your mobile phone settings and/or within the mobile application.
In addition, our mobile applications may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to, the type of mobile device you use, your mobile devices unique device ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browsers you use, and information about the way you use the application.
Information Automatically Collected By Our Site
We automatically gather server log file information, such as your IP address, browser type, referring/exit pages, and operating system. We use this information to administer our website and our technical solutions, understand how visitors navigate through our Sites and services, and enhance your experience while using our Sites and services.
How We Share Your Personal Information
We may make your personal information, customer information, or business information available to companies that provide services to help us with our business activities, such as credit reporting agencies, criminal records providers, drug testing providers, website analytics or offering customer service. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information, customer information, or business information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
We may also disclose your personal information, customer or business information
- As required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena or similar legal process. To the extent we are legally permitted to do so, we will take commercially reasonable steps to notify you in the event that we are required to provide your personal information, customer information, or business information to third parties as part of a legal process. FC-CS also may be required to disclose personal information in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including requests from national security or law enforcement authorities.
- When we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a written government request;
- If FC-CS becomes involved in a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of its assets. In the event of a merger, acquisition, or any form of sale of some or all of FC-CS’ assets, we will ensure that the acquiring organization agrees to protect personal information in accordance with the commitments we have made in this Privacy Notice, including our Privacy Shield commitment, and that the acquiring organization will provide notice before personal information, customer information, or business information becomes subject to a different Privacy Notice.
- To any other third party with your prior consent to do so.
We will share your personally information, customer or business information with third parties only in the ways that are described in this Privacy Notice. We do not otherwise sell your personally information to third parties.
Accessing and Updating your Personally Identifying Information
To review and update your personally identifying information to ensure it is accurate, contact us.
FC-CS will make commercially reasonable efforts to provide you reasonable access to any of your personal information we maintain within 30 days of your access request. We provide this access so you can review, make corrections, or request deletion of your data. If we cannot honor your request within the 30-day period, we will tell you when we will be able to provide access. In the unlikely event that we cannot provide you access to this information, we will explain why we cannot do so.
Security and Data Integrity
Safeguarding the information you give us or we receive about you is a priority for FC-CS. We take appropriate security measures to protect against loss, misuse and unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, or destruction of your information. FC-CS has taken steps to ensure the ongoing confidentiality, integrity, availability, and resilience of systems and services processing personal information, and will restore the availability and access to information in a timely manner in the event of a physical or technical incident.
- We will retain personal information, customer and business information for as long as it is needed to:
- Provide products and services that you or your organization have requested;
- To communicate with you about a request you have made to us;
- To manage your choices and rights you have exercised pursuant to this Privacy Notice;
- To enable you to maintain an account with us, provided that you or the organization through which your account was created have not otherwise requested that we delete your information;
- To comply with our legal and regulatory obligations, to demonstrate compliance, and to enforce FC-CS’ rights and agreements.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under the age of 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with information without their consent, he or she should contact us at email@example.com. We will delete such information from our files within a reasonable time.
Links to Other Web Sites
This Privacy Notice applies to FC-CS services and websites. Our Site and technical services may include links to other non-FC-CS websites. If you submit personal or other information to any of those sites, your information is subject to their privacy notices. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy notice of any website you visit.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Please note that this Privacy Notice may change from time to time. If we change this Privacy Notice in ways that affect how we use your personal information, we will advise you of the choices you may have as a result of those changes. We will also post a notice on our home page that this Privacy Notice has changed.
Questions regarding this Privacy Notice
Questions regarding FC-CS’ privacy and information management practices can be submitted to the FC-CS Privacy Office using the Contact Us form available on this page.
If you are a resident of the EEA and have an unresolved privacy or personal information collection, use, or disclosure concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, please contact the EU Data Protection Authorities. If you are a resident of Switzerland and have this concern, please contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner. In connection with its self-certification under the Privacy Shield, FC-CS commits to cooperate with the panel established by the EU Data Protection Authorities and comply with the advice given by the panel with regard to personal information transferred from the EU. FC-CS also commits to cooperate with and comply with the advice of the Commissioner with regard to personal information transferred from Switzerland. This is provided at no cost to you.
For more information on how to contact the EU Data Protection Authorities, click here.
For more information on how to contact the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner, click here.
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
The following terms used in this Privacy Statement have defined meanings.
- Personal information. Any data about an identified or identifiable individual, including data that identifies an individual or that could be used to identify, locate, track, or contact an individual. Personal information includes both directly identifiable information such as a name, identification number, and indirectly identifiable information such as address, date of birth, unique mobile or wearable device identifier, telephone number as well as key-coded data.
- Third party. Any legal entity, association or person that is not owned by FC-CS, or in which FC-CS does not have a controlling interest.